Funding Your Delegation
Well, somebody has to pay the bills.
TISL delegations receive funding from a variety of sources. Typical sources are:
- Student Government Association Many SGAs have a pool of money for student activities. Contact your SGA. If funds are available, ask how to apply.
- Academic Department Many delegations are funded by a department such as political science.
- Other Student Organization Sometimes organizations such as the Pre-Law Society have funds for student activities.
- College Administrator Some college administrators such as dean of students and even presidents have special funds for important student activities.
- Outside Donors Some delegations have found supporters who donate to the delegation. Possibilities include:
- Alumni of your TISL delegation
- Local public officials such as state legislators