TISL is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) educational corporation chartered by the State of Tennessee.
©2006 et seq. Tennessee Intercollegiate State Legislature Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
- AMC3 problem (case) released
- Senate, House & Lobbying Discuss bill ideas
- AMC3 Read and discuss precedent cases. Begin planning brief
- Applications accepted for next year's Supreme Court
Two weeks before the General Assembly
- All delegates Final date to register and receive a free t-shirt
- Advisers & Head Delegates General Assembly fee due
- Senate, House & Lobbying Bill filing deadline
- Judicial:AMC3 brief deadline
- Out-of-town delegations Deadline for hotel reservations
After General Assembly
- Elect delegation officers for next year
- Second Tuesday: Tennessee General Assembly convenes
- Keep your delegation active in spring semester
- Invite a local state legislator to meet with you and discuss the legislative session. Contact info: capitol.tn.gov
- Arrange a meeting with the administrator who handles government relations at your college
- Attend a county commission or city council meeting to see a legislative body in action
- If you're near Nashville, attend the Legislature.
- Prepare to attend CCC in March
- AMC3: Identify students to compete in the fall.
All times are prevailing local time.
Four programs occur at the TISL General Assembly. For the best experience, your delegation should participate in all of them.